As I'm thinking about plans for January and the New Year, here's a quick review of Decembers goals:
- Sadly I haven't dedicated much time to becoming a more learned 5e DM, but I have actually planned the next few sessions of my Curse of Strahd Campaign.
- (I'm hoping my players agreed) I did totally run a kick ass Xmas D&D session, with yetis, a nasty ice trap and finishing it off with Santa helping the party kill an Adult White Dragon (maybe it had blue eyes as well...)
- I did not figure out a nice process for deploying .Net Core 2 on a Linux Box
- Yardy sadly saw little progress during December
- I also didn't write more blog posts!
- I didn't write the post, but I did deliver a very short talk on .net versions that needs fleshing out
- I weighed myself this morning and I managed a gain of 2 pounds over Christmas, which I'm considering a win
- 5 rides later including a 2hr pub ride, riding is going well, more on that in posts to come!
In the December plans post I said about how generous I was giving myself 8 goals over the 31 days, with hindsight I realised how foolish I am, going forward I think 3 goals is going to be enough, and I'm going to make them more specific, rather than open ended. Without further ado, January's plans:
- Lose at least 7pounds (1/2 stone)
- Research and choose a mobile development framework (for super secret project x)
- Work more on accountability, I've found an accountability partner to help us keep on track of projects and goals
Whilst 2018 hasn't been all laughs, it's not been a bad year, I started a new job, moved in with my partner after too long, got back into the saddle again, adopted 2 seriously squishy kittens and given myself a solid base to hit 2019 off to a flying start with!
Many happy returns for the New Year folks, and as always, Be Excellent!